You might spend a lot of money marketing for a law firm, but what if we said to you that you don’t have to spend as much as you think? You don’t even have to be charming or exceptionally outgoing to do it, either. All you really need to do is be genuine, helpful, and personable! Here are some awesomely simple tips you should remember when you want to start marketing for a law firm without breaking the bank.
10 Simple Ways You Should Consider Marketing For a Law Firm
1. People need reminders that you are good at what you do.
2. Contact at anywhere between three to five referral sources every week. It doesn’t matter how busy you are, make a point to reach out for coffee or a drink. You want to stay on their mind.
3. When you are at a business reception, as the organizers if you can be a greeter. This will give you the perfect reason to introduce yourself to people.
4. Don’t adopt a fake marketing persona. This means you don’t want to be overly chipper if you aren’t like that on a normal basis. Be yourself—people like that.
5. Personal injury lawyers might send ad letters to people who were in an accident. Arrest reports can also offer good leads if you are a criminal defense lawyer. Family law attorneys might send advertising letters to pro se defendants in divorce cases, determining who to contact based on parties’ ZIP codes
6. If you’re on Twitter, you’ll want to post tweets between 1p and 3p, eastern time, as you will probably get the most clicks. You want to schedule your tweets to be posted at these times by using services like HootSuite.
7. Volunteer with several legal and community groups. You should strive to do the volunteer work as good as you can, even if you don’t like doing it.
8. If you are out and about on a regular basis, meeting people and doing outreach, you will probably be successful. There might be some days you where don’t feel like doing it, but consistency is key.
9. Before you meet someone that you’d like to take on as a client, research their business on the federal site, Pacer to get a better idea of their potential legal needs. You will also want to read quarterly reports and check out websites. Conduct a Google News search to find out what kind of stories have been published about their business.
10. Before you attend any public event, as for a guest list and look through it so you can identify any people that you’re interested in meeting.
If you send potential clients to other lawyers, let them know beforehand. Not only will they appreciate the fact that you referred them clients, but it will also make you look good. That’s also one way of marketing for a law firm.